Checkout owners of Europe’s leading clubs – Liverpool, Man Utd, Real Madrid

first_img MANCHESTER CITY Part of City Football Group (CFG), majority-owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, with Chinese investors led by media and entertainment group CMC Inc holding around 12% and U.S. private equity film Silver Lake just over 10%. Abu Dhabi United Group, the investment vehicle owned by Sheikh Mansour, retained majority ownership after Silver Lake agreed in November to pay $500 million for its stake, making CFG the world’s most valuable soccer group with a $4.8 billion price tag. The group’s investments also include New York City, who play in Major League Soccer, and Melbourne City, as well as stakes in Yokohama Marinos of Japan, Club Atletico Torque of Uruguay, Spain’s Girona, Sichuan Jiuniu of China and Mumbai City. MANCHESTER UNITEDBought by the American Glazer family for 790 million pounds ($1 billion) in 2005. Listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 2012 but the Glazers retain majority ownership of the 20-times English champions. It has a current market valuation of around $3.25 billion. LIVERPOOL John W. Henry heads up Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group. The European champions and Premier League leaders have been owned since 2010 by the Fenway Sports Group after a 300 million pound deal. Fenway also owns the Boston Red Sox Major League Baseball team. ARSENALAmerican billionaire and sports entrepreneur Stan Kroenke struck a deal to take full control of Arsenal in 2018 by buying out Russian rival Alisher Usmanov, valuing the English Premier League club at around $2.3 billion. Roman Abramovich has owned Chelsea since 2003. CHELSEARussian billionaire Roman Abramovich bought the London club for a reported 140 million pounds in 2003 and they have since become a major force in the European game. JUVENTUSListed on the stock market in Milan, the Agnelli family that founded the Fiat motor group remain the controlling shareholder at Juve, Italian champions for the past eight seasons. Zhang Jindong owns Inter Milan INTER MILAN Chinese electronics retailer Suning Commerce Group Co Ltd bought nearly 70% of Inter Milan for 270 million euros ($307 million) in 2016 in what was the highest-profile takeover of a European team by a Chinese firm. AC MILANU.S. hedge fund Elliott Management last year assumed control of indebted AC Milan and injected 50 million euros to help stabilise the finances of the former European champions whose previous owners include former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi. BAYERN MUNICHGerman champions are 75% owned by their fans, with sportswear brand Adidas, carmaker Audi and insurer Allianz all having stakes of 8.33% each. Real Madrid and Barcelona are owned by their fans. REAL MADRID/BARCELONAThe two Spanish clubs are owned by their fans through membership schemes. They regularly have the highest revenue of any European soccer clubs thanks to their commercial appeal. PARIS SAINT GERMAINOwned by Qatar Sports Investments – established by the son of the emir and heir to the Qatari throne Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani – which bought a 70% stake in PSG in 2011. The remaining 30% was purchased from Colony Capital the following year, at a price that valued the entire club at 100 million euros ($110 million) FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Real Madrid are the richest club in the world, according to Deloitte in their annual report this year, after they overtook Manchester United at the top of the list. The Spanish giants recorded record revenues of €750.9million (£674.6m) in 2017 – the last financial year available – with United languishing with £611.6m. Six Premier League sides – United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham – make the top 10 of the richest clubs, with Real, Barcelona, Paris-Saint Germain and Bayern Munich completing the hierachy. But behind the scenes, how do the elite clubs in the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 operate – with the help of the Press Association we take a peak… Promoted Content8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthThe Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her GrandsonWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?9 Great Actors Who Will Always Be Defined By One RoleBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your Mind7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksDid You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *