OnePlus 7 Pro said to support 5G and have a super fast

first_img Share your voice Retail site Giztop has already published rumored specs for the forthcoming OnePlus 7 that include a 6.5-inch AMOLED screen, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, rear triple cameras, a 16-megapixel pop-up selfie camera, a 4,000-mAh battery and Oxygen OS 9 base running on Android 9.0 Pie.  Starting at $569 (about £440 or AU$800), the phone will also come with 128GB of storage that can be expanded to 256GB by adding a microSD card, according to the listing.  OnePlus 7 has a ‘faster’ screen. Will you care? Now playing: Watch this: Comment The company’s next flagship is expected this spring, possibly as early as May 14. The Verge suggests that although the OnePlus 7 Pro will support 5G, the company is downplaying it, given the near-term limits of the next generation network.  Previously, OnePlus had said that it would be among the first to have 5G in a phone — but that the device would not come to the US. The company did not immediately respond to a request to comment. Read more: Everything we know so far about the OnePlus 7 Shenzhen-based OnePlus originally captured a following by making phones with many of the premium features found on Apple and Samsung’s premium phones and selling them for hundreds less. Since then, it’s tweaked that strategy: OnePlus now has one of the highest increases in cost from model to model. Excited to share the next product from OnePlus will unleash a new era of Fast and Smooth. Especially Smooth! Smooth is more challenging than Fast – a true test of hardware and software.The new product is just beautiful – I can’t wait for you to see it! 😬✨ pic.twitter.com/yPU9sEbeIv— Pete Lau (@petelau2007) April 17, 2019 Phones 1 OnePlus Tags A purported photo of the OnePlus 7 showing a pop-up camera. Giztop Editors’ Note, May 14, 2019: CNET’s OnePlus 7 Pro review is here. Read more about the new phone from OnePlus.   OnePlus is reportedly planning to introduce a new premium phone in 2019 that supports 5G and features new display technology. Called the OnePlus 7 Pro, the phone will have a display that’s “super smooth and very crisp,” OnePlus CEO Pete Lau told The Verge. The report speculates that the display may support a 90Hz refresh rate that’s about 33 percent faster than most other smartphones. The faster refresh rate may have been foreshadowed by Lau in a tweet from last week: 1:38last_img read more

20000 families living in Coxs Bazar hills amid growing landslide risk

first_imgAround 20,000 families living in Cox’s Bazar hills amid landslide risk. Photo: UNBAround 20,000 families have been dwelling on hill slopes of Cox’s Bazar district town and other areas amid growing risk of landslide in the monsoon season.Increasing rains with the advent of monsoon and unabated hill cutting have intensified the risk of landslide, creating panic among the hill residents.Azmul Huda, general secretary of Cox’s Bazar forest and environment conservation council, an environmental organisation, said, “The Rohingya people who have been living in Ukhiya and Teknaf areas by cutting down over 6,000 acres of forest also brace for possible landslide.”Besides, over 10,000 families in Badshaghona, Light House, Dakshin Diggul, Dakshin Hazipara, Pahartali, Sahikkika Palli, Ghonarpara, Maheshkhailla Para, Kalatali Adarsha Gram, Borachara, Boidyaghona, Mohajer Para, Link Road, Muhuri Para, Janarghora areas of Cox’s Bazar town are at the risk of landslide, he added.Azmul Huda said around 10,000 families are living amid danger in the hilly areas of Ramu, Maheshkhali, Teknaf, Ukhiya and Pekua upazilas. Most of the houses have been built on the land of forest department and government (khas) lands.Around 20,000 families living in Cox’s Bazar hills amid landslide risk. Photo: UNBTalking to UNB, some residents of the town said many illegal structures have been built by clearing forests and hills owned by the district administration.Cox’s Bazar Bachao Andolon president advocate Ayachhur Rahman said it was necessary to evict the illegal structures from the vulnerable hills well before the monsoon set in.”Now the list of casualties will be long if landslides occur in the area,” he said.Cox’s Bazar environment department deputy director Nurul Amin said at least 54 people, including six members of Bangladesh Army, were killed in landslides in different areas of the district in 2010.The number of deaths in landslides was 200 from 2010 to 2017 in the district, he added.Around 20,000 families living in Cox’s Bazar hills amid landslide risk. Photo: UNB”Eviction drives alone can’t solve the problem. Massive awareness programmes are also necessary to stop people from dwelling on hill slopes,” he added.Nurul Amin said miscreants are cutting down hills secretly at nights despite regular raids against illegal hill cutting. “Manpower crisis hampers our drive.”Cox’s Bazar forest department sources said around 5,341 hectares of land of the south forest department and 7,053 hectares under west forest department have been grabbed.Hundreds of people are also illegally living in hilly khas land of the district administration, the sources said.Cox’s Bazar deputy commissioner Md Kamal Hossain told UNB that people living in hills will be shifted to safer places like previous years.”There had been no serious accident last year due to the collective efforts. We’ve formed several committees to conduct eviction drives in the hills,” he added.last_img read more