WILMINGTON, MA — Below are the latest legal notices related to Wilmington, published during the week of Sunday, January 20, 2019:193003 — Magliozzi — 20 Arlene Avenue190077 — Perreault — Tax Lien181610 — Walsh — 22 Brentwood Street190058 — Wilmington Board of Appeals — Mt Pokkets190021 — Deadline For Warrant Articles(NOTE: The above public notices is from MassPublicNotices.org.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedWilmington’s Latest Legal Notices (Week of September 1, 2019)In “Government”Wilmington’s Latest Legal Notices (Week of August 11, 2019)In “Government”Wilmington’s Latest Legal Notices (Week of August 4, 2019)In “Government”
Supporters of Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi celebrate in Cairo’s Tahrir square following his re-election for a second term on Monday. Photo: AFPEgyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi swept to a second term with 97 per cent of valid votes, official results showed Monday, dominating an election last week that saw him face no serious rivals.The head of the election authority Lasheen Ibrahim said at a press conference that turnout was 41.05 per cent of the almost 60 million registered voters, down from the 2014 vote that saw Sisi claim the presidency.Ibrahim said 92.73 per cent of the votes were valid from the roughly 24 million cast, while almost two million ballots were spoiled.Sisi’s sole rival and an erstwhile supporter, Moussa Mostafa Moussa, won 2.92 per cent of the valid votes, Ibrahim said.Moussa entered the election at the very last moment after first leading a re-election campaign for Sisi, saving the vote from having just one candidate.Sisi’s serious contenders either withdrew, were sidelined or were detained.In a brief victory speech broadcast Monday evening on state television, Sisi sent “greetings, appreciation, and respect” to Egyptians.He promised “to continue my oath to be loyal in my work, not sparing any effort in order to advance our nation.”Sisi directed “thanks and appreciation to Moussa Mostafa Moussa who lead an honest and civilised competition.”As for Moussa, he said at a press conference that “the most important thing is that Egypt has won.”Trump congratulationsHundreds of supporters took to the streets in Cairo and other cities, waving the Egyptian flag and singing patriotic songs to celebrate Sisi winning another four years in power.US President Donald Trump “congratulated” Sisi on his victory in a telephone call, the White House said in a statement that did not mention any worries over the fairness of the vote.“The two leaders affirmed the strategic partnership between the United States and Egypt, and noted that they look forward to advancing this partnership and addressing common challenges,” it said.Earlier the State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said the US “will continue to work to advance our shared objectives” with Egypt, despite its concerns over political freedom.But Nauert added: “We have noted reports of constraints on freedoms of expression and association in the run-up to the elections.”Four Egyptian rights groups, including the Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies and the Nadeem Center for the Rehabilitation of Victims of Violence, denounced the electoral process in a statement late on Monday.The election commission “lost its political legitimacy by watching the electoral process as it transformed into a debacle beleaguered by the worst political and security thuggery ever witnessed in an Egyptian election since 1952,” they said.Sisi, who as army chief ousted Egypt’s first freely elected president Islamist Mohamed Morsi after mass street protests in 2013, won his first term in 2014 with 96.9 per cent of valid votes.Turnout of 47 percent in that year’s election was sharply higher than this year’s 41 per cent despite official appeals for voters to fulfil their patriotic duty.Election chief Ibrahim was effusive about the vote regardless of the perceived lack of competition and the low attendance.“These are momentous moments for this nation…which will be written in letters of light, under the title: battle for the love of Egypt,” Ibrahim said as he announced the results.“The entire world heard your chants for the love of Egypt.”Opposition boycottPeople who boycotted the election and cannot show a good reason for missing the vote could face a fine of up to 500 Egyptian pounds (22 euros), the electoral commission has warned.Opposition groups had called for a boycott of last week’s vote which they labelled a facade.There were no presidential debates and Sisi himself did not appear at any official campaign events, although he spoke at a number of ceremonies.In an interview days ahead of the vote, Sisi said he wished there were more candidates, denying any role in sidelining his rivals.Morsi’s removal in 2013 ushered in a deadly crackdown that killed and jailed hundreds of Islamists.The initial crackdown on the ousted leader’s supporters expanded to include liberal and leftist secular activistsA jihadist insurgency since has killed hundreds of policemen and civilians.In February Sisi ordered the armed forces launched their most comprehensive campaign yet to end the five-year-old jihadist insurgency.In the wake of his election success, the Egyptian armed forces congratulated Sisi in a statement, “affirming that it will always stand behind its wise leadership.”Sisi has embarked on tough economic reforms that have been welcomed by foreign investors but dented his standing at home, even though his popularity remains high.Enjoying near-unanimous media support, Sisi is seen by many Egytians as the right man to lead the country after years of political, security and economic turmoil that followed the ouster of leader Hosni Mubarak in 2011.
Share Photo via Twitter @RealtorJairoFormer Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort leaves U.S. District Court after pleading not guilty following his indictment on federal charges on Monday, October 30, 2017 in Washington, D.C.While facing several felony charges, Donald Trump‘s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort has been working on an op-ed essay with a longtime colleague “assessed to have ties” to a Russian intelligence service, according to court papers filed Monday by prosecutors working for special counsel Robert Mueller.In a court filing, prosecutors say Manafort and the colleague sought to publish the op-ed under someone else’s name and intended it to influence public opinion about his work in Ukraine. The op-ed was being drafted as late as last week, with Manafort currently under house arrest. Prosecutors did not name the colleague but noted the person is based in Russia.Manafort is currently facing several felony charges involving allegations of money laundering and other financial crimes related to his political consulting work in Ukraine. He has been confined to his home while he works out a bond arrangement with the government.Manafort has denied any wrongdoing related to his work in Ukraine. A spokesman for Manafort declined comment on the op-ed described by prosecutors.In the court filing, prosecutors say the op-ed appeared to violate an admonishment from the judge last month to refrain from public statements.“Even if the ghostwritten op-ed were entirely accurate, fair, and balanced, it would be a violation of this Court’s November 8 Order if it had been published,” the prosecutors wrote. “The editorial clearly was undertaken to influence the public’s opinion of defendant Manafort, or else there would be no reason to seek its publication (much less for Manafort and his long-time associate to ghostwrite it in another’s name).”They added, “It compounds the problem that the proposed piece is not a dispassionate recitation of the facts.”Prosecutors said they discovered the efforts to publish the op-ed last Thursday and alerted Manafort’s attorney, who assured prosecutors that “steps would be taken to make sure it was it was no longer going to be published.”At the time, Manafort was working to secure his release from home confinement by posting more than $10 million in bond, and according to court papers, he had reached a tentative agreement with the government. But after discovering the op-ed, Mueller’s team is now opposing Manafort’s proposed bond agreement.Prosecutors did not disclose the op-ed in court papers so as to prevent it from becoming public. They also did not disclose what name the ghostwritten op-ed would have been published under.Manafort and his longtime business associate, Rick Gates, were indicted in October by a grand jury in Washington. They were among the first people to face charges brought by the special counsel’s office.Manafort led the Trump campaign for several months, including during the Republican National Convention. Gates also worked in a senior role in the campaign.
Nicole Kidman says she loves playing the villain in movies because as a child, she was ‘happiest’ pretending to be a villain. ‘I was the kid who loved the wicked witch in ‘The Wizard of Oz’. So, of course, I grew up to be the girl who wants to play the villain in a movie,’ she said.
Enroll Now for Free Free Workshop | August 28: Get Better Engagement and Build Trust With Customers Now 1. iCloud is personal, not professional. It is overwhelmingly geared toward individual users with more than one Apple device. The problem is that the same service used to sync music and television shows is also used to share calendars and documents between devices. Differentiating professional data, contacts, calendars and documents from personal ones, while possible, can require more time and effort than some entrepreneurs are willing to put in. Related: Steve Jobs: Victim of His Own Dogged Determination? 2. Collaboration is limited or doesn’t work.Apple’s iCloud is device-dependent. Group-sharing options — for instance, syncing calendars among co-workers — are limited, and when they are present they’re restricted to other iCloud users. Not only does this require your colleagues to own an Apple device, they also must be using a compatible operating system and have an iCloud account set up.The iCloud also lacks document sharing capability. For limited document storage — say you need to access a document on the road from your iPhone — it can work, but the document has to be stored in your personal iCloud. Again, the iCloud is a solo experience.Related: How Apple’s Siri Could Destroy Local SEO 3. Other business sharing solutions do it better.To some, it might seem as though Apple is trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to business file sharing. Other team-based document sharing solutions such as San Mateo, Calif.-based Sugar Sync or Google Apps can usually be easier to set up and more flexible.The mobile version of Google Apps — which can be accessed on an iPhone, iPad or even an iPod Touch — is fast, stable, device-agnostic and allows for first-rate team access. All it takes is to bookmark your Google Apps account homepage in your iPhone or click on the Apps button in the Google iPhone app to create a superior solution to the iCloud.Given its limited scope and that there are so many other ways to access files from the Web, why bother with iCloud? Our bet is that most businesses won’t.Related: Why Entrepreneurs Love Steve Jobs Have you tried or do you use Apple’s iCloud? Tell us about your experience in the comments section below. While Apple may be a gem in the eyes of its customers, one of its newest features — the iCloud — is sorely lacking when it comes to applications for small-business users.Apple markets iCloud, its cloud-computing and file-syncing service, as a powerful content storage solution. But businesses can struggle to get serious productivity out of iCloud. And as an enticement for businesses looking to switch over to Apple products, iCloud doesn’t begin to make the sale.Here are three reasons you might want to skip the Apple iCloud for your business: min read Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own. This hands-on workshop will give you the tools to authentically connect with an increasingly skeptical online audience. February 6, 2012
<< Previous PostNext Post >> Passengers will be refunded on 10 cancelled cruises, says Voyages to Antiquity Posted by Share TORONTO — Voyages to Antiquity has announced the cancellation of 10 cruises aboard the Aegean Odyssey this season to make time for repairs to the ship’s starboard engine.All guests affected by these cancellations are being contacted and will be provided with a full refund.Affected cruises are:May 2, 2019 – The Black Sea & Greek IslandsMay 13, 2019 – Classical Greece & Southern ItalyMay 23, 2019 – Renaissance Italy & Historic IslandsJune 4, 2019 – European ConnoisseurJune 18, 2019 – Land of the Midnight SunJuly 3, 2019 – Baltic Capitals & St PetersburgJuly 16, 2019 – The Norwegian FjordsJuly 30, 2019 – Iceland, Faroes & ShetlandsAugust 14, 2019 – The Three RiversAugust 26, 2019 – Mediterranean Odyssey(Grand Voyages containing any segment cruises listed are also affected)The company’s current Athens to Athens roundtrip Greek Island cruise, which departed Athens on April 26, has continued as planned.More news: Universal enhances popular Harry Potter vacation package with new perksIn an official statement, the company said: “We are working closely with our trade partners and doing everything possible to minimize disruption. Voyages to Antiquity would like to apologize for the inconvenience these cancellations will cause to our guests. The mechanical issue experienced was unavoidable and unforeseeable.”The company went on to say that following its period in dry dock, Aegean Odyssey will be back in service in time to fulfill the remainder of its scheduled cruise timetable, starting with the Rome-Venice and associated future Grand Voyage itineraries departing Sept. 7, 2019.Voyages to Antiquity is sold in Canada through Exclusive Tours, part of Merit Travel Group. Travelweek Group Wednesday, May 8, 2019 Tags: Aegean Odyssey, Cancellations, Voyages to Antiquity