Winger Thauvin added another spectacular goal late on, and Payet teed up Kostas Mitroglou to finish off a blistering second-half display.Rudi Garcia’s Marseille took second place from Lille in the table on goal difference, but remain five points adrift of reigning champions Paris Saint-Germain, who brushed aside Saint-Etienne 4-0 on Friday.The best chance for the home team in a disjointed first-half performance fell to Thauvin, but his shot was blocked after a jinking run had created space inside the box.Marseille coach Garcia sent on Maxime Lopez at half-time to replace Lucas Ocampos, and his side almost took the lead in the 50th minute when Greek striker Mitroglou somehow sent a diving header onto the post from barely a yard out.OM were posing a far greater threat in the second period, and Thauvin looped a 57th-minute header over Guingamp goalkeeper Karl-Johan Johnsson to score with the first shot on target of the match.Marseille wrapped up the points against a toothless Guingamp 17 minutes from time, as former West Ham star Payet produced an early goal-of-the-season contender.Thauvin did his best to match Payet, as he showed great control before cutting inside and curling a wonderful strike into the far top corner from the edge of the area.The 25-year-old, who scored 26 goals in all competitions last season, has now netted five times in as many appearances this term.Payet turned provider in the 83rd minute, rolling the ball perfectly into the path of Mitroglou, who had time to take a touch and slot in to complete the rout.Guingamp remain rooted to the foot of the table, having lost all five of their matches so far in the campaign.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Payet scored a memorable goal in Marseille’s comfortable win over Guingamp © AFP / Boris HORVATPARIS, France, Sep 16 – Dimitri Payet scored a stunning goal as Marseille thrashed Guingamp 4-0 at the Stade Velodrome on Sunday to move second in the Ligue 1 table.After Florian Thauvin had opened the scoring early in the second half, Payet met a dipping ball 30 yards from goal with a magnificent side-footed volley which flew into the net off the crossbar.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: The Swede announced he was heading to Old Trafford on Thursday 1 Manchester United have finally confirmed Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s arrival at Old Trafford.The Sweden striker, a free agent after leaving Ligue 1 side Paris Saint-Germain at the end of last season, has been constantly linked to the club since leaving Parc des Princes. The 34-year-old made an announcement on Twitter and Instagram on Thursday, stating his next project will be in Manchester. And the club confirmed the move on Friday evening, with a video stating ‘It’s Zlatan time’. It is understood Ibrahimovic has signed a one-year contract with the option of a further 12 months.The forward told the club’s website: “I am absolutely delighted to be joining Manchester United and am looking forward to playing in the Premier League.“It goes without saying that I cannot wait to work with Jose Mourinho once again. He is a fantastic manager and I am ready for this new and exciting challenge. I have thoroughly enjoyed my career so far and have some great memories.“I am now ready to create more special memories in England.”Ibrahimovic, who ended his international career last month after earning 116 caps, has won titles in four different leagues across Europe and he links up with Mourinho, who he played under the Portuguese at Inter Milan. The new Red Devils boss said: “Zlatan needs no introduction.“The statistics speak for themselves. Ibra is one of the best strikers in the world and a player who always gives 100 per cent.“He has won the most important league championships in the world of football, now he has the opportunity to play in the best league in the world and I know he will grasp this opportunity and will work hard to help the team win titles.“I am certain that his talent will delight fans at Old Trafford next season and that his experience will be invaluable in helping to develop the younger players in the squad.” Are you ready? It’s #ZlatanTime… https://t.co/s8AsUG6VZF— Manchester United (@ManUtd) July 1, 2016
WILMINGTON, MA — Below are some of the newest job openings in Wilmington:Part-Time Scholar Intern at Analog DevicesPart-Time Applications Engineer Intern at Analog DevicesFull-Time Marketing Automation Specialist at Sovos ComplianceFull-Time Lead Customer Service Representative at SpeedwayPart-Time Lead Customer Service Representative at SpeedwayFull-Time Assistant Manager Trainee at SpeedwayPart-Time Package Handler at UPSFull-Time Library Courier at Optima ShippingFull-Time Warehouse Sort Supervisor at Optima ShippingPart-Time/Full-Time Licensed Nail Tech at La Chic Nail Spa(NOTE: Wilmington businesses — Feel free to send me your job postings at firstname.lastname@example.org.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Thank You To Our Sponsor:Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedNOW HIRING: 10 New Job Openings In WilmingtonIn “Business”NOW HIRING: 10 New Job Openings In WilmingtonIn “Business”NOW HIRING: 10 New Job Openings In WilmingtonIn “Business”
Around 20,000 families living in Cox’s Bazar hills amid landslide risk. Photo: UNBAround 20,000 families have been dwelling on hill slopes of Cox’s Bazar district town and other areas amid growing risk of landslide in the monsoon season.Increasing rains with the advent of monsoon and unabated hill cutting have intensified the risk of landslide, creating panic among the hill residents.Azmul Huda, general secretary of Cox’s Bazar forest and environment conservation council, an environmental organisation, said, “The Rohingya people who have been living in Ukhiya and Teknaf areas by cutting down over 6,000 acres of forest also brace for possible landslide.”Besides, over 10,000 families in Badshaghona, Light House, Dakshin Diggul, Dakshin Hazipara, Pahartali, Sahikkika Palli, Ghonarpara, Maheshkhailla Para, Kalatali Adarsha Gram, Borachara, Boidyaghona, Mohajer Para, Link Road, Muhuri Para, Janarghora areas of Cox’s Bazar town are at the risk of landslide, he added.Azmul Huda said around 10,000 families are living amid danger in the hilly areas of Ramu, Maheshkhali, Teknaf, Ukhiya and Pekua upazilas. Most of the houses have been built on the land of forest department and government (khas) lands.Around 20,000 families living in Cox’s Bazar hills amid landslide risk. Photo: UNBTalking to UNB, some residents of the town said many illegal structures have been built by clearing forests and hills owned by the district administration.Cox’s Bazar Bachao Andolon president advocate Ayachhur Rahman said it was necessary to evict the illegal structures from the vulnerable hills well before the monsoon set in.”Now the list of casualties will be long if landslides occur in the area,” he said.Cox’s Bazar environment department deputy director Nurul Amin said at least 54 people, including six members of Bangladesh Army, were killed in landslides in different areas of the district in 2010.The number of deaths in landslides was 200 from 2010 to 2017 in the district, he added.Around 20,000 families living in Cox’s Bazar hills amid landslide risk. Photo: UNB”Eviction drives alone can’t solve the problem. Massive awareness programmes are also necessary to stop people from dwelling on hill slopes,” he added.Nurul Amin said miscreants are cutting down hills secretly at nights despite regular raids against illegal hill cutting. “Manpower crisis hampers our drive.”Cox’s Bazar forest department sources said around 5,341 hectares of land of the south forest department and 7,053 hectares under west forest department have been grabbed.Hundreds of people are also illegally living in hilly khas land of the district administration, the sources said.Cox’s Bazar deputy commissioner Md Kamal Hossain told UNB that people living in hills will be shifted to safer places like previous years.”There had been no serious accident last year due to the collective efforts. We’ve formed several committees to conduct eviction drives in the hills,” he added.
Ikea is getting ready to unveil the smart speaker products it has been building with Sonos: The furniture giant will unveil its first smart speakers at the Milan Furniture Fair next month, it announced Thursday.And with the announcement also come a few hints of what to expect, thanks to a teaser video. The 40-second video features a stylized living room and kitchen, complete with two strategically blurred-out areas.The positioning and size of those masked spots suggests that the company may be getting ready to introduce at least two speakers with distinct form factors: A speaker shelf that would fit on a kitchen wall, and a standalone speaker that one might place on an end table.Ikea first previewed design concepts for its Sonos-powered products last year, including one that doubled as a shelf. The company specifically called out this prototype in its press release Thursday, calling it “a book-shelf speaker that will give customers a great connected speaker that enables a multi-functional usage in the home, at an affordable price.”Ikea’s smart speakers will apparently also integrate with the company’s Tradfri smart light systems. ”Together with Sonos we wanted to combine our home furnishing knowledge with their expertise in creating great sound experiences for every room of the home, and in Milan we want you to experience the real difference that sound and light makes in your life,” said Ikea smart home business leader Björn Block in a statement. Ikea plans to unveil the final version of its Sonos speakers on April 9 in Milan. The company previously announced that the speakers will go on sale in August.The cooperation could be a big boost for Sonos, with executives telling investors in a recent earnings release that it could “potentially introduce millions of new households to the Sonos app and experience.” ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15 Popular on Variety