Share your voice Computers Computer Accessories Laptops Gaming Tags Comments Corsair just bought Origin PC. Corsair PC gamers might have a lot to look forward to. Corsair, a computer peripherals and hardware company, on Wednesday said it’s acquired Origin PC. Origin PC specializes in hand-built, personalized computers designed to optimize the gaming experience. The companies plan to expand Corsair’s iCUE software ecosystem into Origin PC’s systems, according to a press release. Corsair says this will offer gamers systemwide lighting synchronization and performance monitoring. In addition, the new range of Corsair Hydro X Series custom cooling will soon be found in select Origin PC systems.Financial terms of the deal weren’t revealed, but Corsair said Origin will remain a separate brand. All existing warranties, purchases and support are unaffected, according to the release. Corsair will continue producing its own product line — Vengeance PC, Corsair One and the Corsair One Pro — and brands. Andy Paul, founder and CEO of Corsair, said one of the reasons the company acquired Origin PC was the desire to reach more North American customers who wanted to buy systems, not build them. “With Origin PC’s expertise in personalized custom gaming systems and Corsair’s strength in performance PC hardware and the iCUE software ecosystem, we’re excited to combine our efforts to create new world-class gaming experiences for PC gamers,” Paul said in the release.Origin PC CEO Kevin Wasielewski said Corsair was a “fantastic partner” to help the company move forward. “With a complete range of enthusiast PC products, Origin PC and Corsair are uniquely placed to create amazing new systems that make the experience of owning a personalized custom gaming PC better than ever,” Wasielewski said in the release. 2 Now playing: Watch this: 1:30 Origin PC brings a 16-inch gaming laptop to CES 2019
Smoke billowing from the site of a downed Sukhoi-25 fighter jet in the northwest province of Idlib in Syria. Rebel fighters shot down a Russian plane over Syria’s northwest Idlib province and captured its pilot. Photo: AFPA Russian pilot was killed Saturday in fighting with Islamists after his warplane was downed over northwest Syria, Russia’s defence ministry and a monitor said.Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), a powerful jihadist-dominated alliance said, on an affiliated media channel it had shot down the plane but made no mention of the pilot.“We were able to bring down the Russian warplane with a shoulder-fired missile above Saraqib in Idlib this afternoon,” said Mahmoud al-Turkmani who, according to the statement, heads HTS’s “air defence brigade.”He said the attack was in retaliation for a ferocious bombing campaign by Russian warplanes over Idlib.HTS, which is dominated by Al-Qaeda’s former affiliate in Syria, controls Idlib and has sought to fight back a ferocious Russian-backed assault by Syrian government troops.An AFP correspondent who arrived at the crash site on Saturday saw what appeared to be the charred remains of the plane, including a wing with a red star still visible.Firefighters arrived to put out flames that had been spewing dark smoke into the wintry Syrian sky.The Russian defence ministry confirmed that the Su-25 aircraft was shot down over Idlib province and said the pilot was killed “in fighting against terrorists.”‘Killed fighting’“A Russian Su-25 aircraft crashed during a flight over the Idlib de-escalation zone. The pilot had enough time to announce he had ejected into the zone,” the defence ministry said.“The pilot was killed in fighting against terrorists,” it said, quoted by Russian agencies.It added that “according to preliminary reports, the plane was shot down by a portable anti-aircraft missile system.”The US State Department said it was “deeply concerned” at reports of such a weapon being used.Spokeswoman Heather Nauert told AFP the solution is a return to United Nations-led talks in Geneva and for “Russia to live up to its commitments in that regards.”Washington has more than 2,000 troops inside Syria working with anti-Jihadist Kurdish and Arab fighters, and flies air strikes against the Islamists.The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the jet was downed near the town of Saraqib in Idlib and the pilot parachuted to the ground.He was killed clashing with rebels as they tried to take him hostage, said the Britain-based Observatory.“There have been dozens of Russian air strikes in the area over the past 24 hours. This plane was also carrying out raids there,” said Abdel Rahman.The Observatory said 20 people, including eight children, were killed on Saturday during a bombardment on Saraqib and surrounding villages.Syria’s uprising broke out in 2011 with protests against Assad’s rule but has since morphed into a complex war drawing in global powers.Moscow began conducting air strikes in Syria in September 2015, and its intervention has swung the nearly seven-year conflict firmly in the favour of its ally in Damascus.Opposition factions have shot down Syrian regime planes in the past, but the downing of Russian aircraft is much rarer.Turkey shot down a Russian warplane in November 2015, leading to the worst crisis in ties between the two countries since the end of the Cold WarIn August 2016, a Russian military helicopter was shot down over Syria, killing all five people on board.Deadly fire on Turkish tankRussia has been spearheading a more than year-long diplomatic push to try to freeze the fighting in coordination with fellow regime ally Iran and rebel backer Turkey.Ankara has supported an array of rebel groups to fight Syria’s government, the Islamic State jihadist group, and Kurdish militia that it has blacklisted as “terrorists.”On January 20, Turkey and allied rebel fighters began an offensive on the Syrian enclave of Afrin, held by the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG).Seven Turkish soldiers were killed on Saturday as part of the assault, including five who died in a single attack on a tank, the Turkish army said.The losses mark the highest toll in a single day for the Turkish army in operation “Olive Branch.”The Observatory has also counted 104 allied rebels and 102 YPG fighters killed since the offensive began, as well as 68 civilians.Ankara has denied targeting civilians as part of its Afrin offensive.Mourners on Saturday gathered in Afrin to commemorate victims of the operation, including female fighter Barin Kobani whose badly mutilated body appeared in a shocking video earlier this week.The footage sparked accusations by her family and Kurdish officials that she was “defiled” by Turkish-backed rebels.The opposition’s government-in-exile said Saturday it had opened an investigation into the matter.Thousands of people protested on Saturday in France against Turkey’s operation “Olive Branch,” gathering in Strasbourg and Paris to condemn the assault.
Kolkata: Three persons were killed and one injured in two separate road accidents in the city on late Tuesday night.Two youth were killed while another sustained critical injuries when the scooter they were riding skidded near Park Clinic nursing home on AJC Bose on late Tuesday night.The deceased have been identified as Ubed Hasan and Afroz Khan. According to police, Hasan was riding the scooter with Khan as pillion. They scooter was at a top speed when Hasan lost control over the scooter near Park Clinic nursing home. According to the preliminary investigation, police said the accident happened when the scooter skidded. The victims, who were not wearing helmets, fell from the scooter and hit the divider. Police suspect that there was accumulated water which might have led to the accident. The biker could not control the scooter as it was at a high speed. Also Read – Heavy rain hits traffic, flightsLocals rushed the victims to a nearby hospital where the duo was declared brought dead. They had critical injuries in their head. While another youth, whose identity is yet to be confirmed by the police, has been undergoing treatment in a hospital with serious injuries. Police said the victims were going to Camac Street area from Narkeldanga on late Tuesday night when the incident occurred.Another incident took place near Muchibazar area of Ultadanag when a youth was knocked down by a speeding vehicle. The victim was trying to cross the road at around 12 am on Tuesday night. The driver of the vehicle fled the spot along with the vehicle after the accident. Police are trying to ascertain the identity of the victim. The incident triggered tension in the area with locals staging a demonstration at the site of the accident.Locals alleged that the victim was lying on the road for quite sometime before he was taken to the hospital by the police. The youth aged between 30-35 was declared brought dead after being taken to a hospital. The incident caused traffic jam in the area for a few minutes. The situation was later brought under control by the senior police officers. Police are yet to identify the vehicle and examining the CCTV footages.
The Apple Watch lacks a key feature other devices from the company have that help deter theft, one tech website found.Apple’s iOS devices have a feature called Activation Lock that basically prevents a person from completely wiping the device without the Apple ID and password of the original owner. This function is aimed at helping dissuade thieves from stealing a device in the first place because they can’t completely reset it.However, the Apple Watch OS 1.0 does not currently have this feature. So if someone gets their hands on your Apple Watch they are capable of completely resetting the device so that it can be paired with a new iPhone.As first mentioned in idownloadblog.com, this isn’t necessarily a problem from a data standpoint, but rather it’s a security problem because it makes the already highly desired smartwatch even more of a target for thieves since it can be easily wiped and resold clean.Apple didn’t respond to a request for comment.Read the full report on idownloadblog.com. Growing a business sometimes requires thinking outside the box. Register Now » Free Webinar | Sept. 9: The Entrepreneur’s Playbook for Going Global May 15, 2015 This story originally appeared on CNBC 1 min read
<< Previous PostNext Post >> Passengers will be refunded on 10 cancelled cruises, says Voyages to Antiquity Posted by Share TORONTO — Voyages to Antiquity has announced the cancellation of 10 cruises aboard the Aegean Odyssey this season to make time for repairs to the ship’s starboard engine.All guests affected by these cancellations are being contacted and will be provided with a full refund.Affected cruises are:May 2, 2019 – The Black Sea & Greek IslandsMay 13, 2019 – Classical Greece & Southern ItalyMay 23, 2019 – Renaissance Italy & Historic IslandsJune 4, 2019 – European ConnoisseurJune 18, 2019 – Land of the Midnight SunJuly 3, 2019 – Baltic Capitals & St PetersburgJuly 16, 2019 – The Norwegian FjordsJuly 30, 2019 – Iceland, Faroes & ShetlandsAugust 14, 2019 – The Three RiversAugust 26, 2019 – Mediterranean Odyssey(Grand Voyages containing any segment cruises listed are also affected)The company’s current Athens to Athens roundtrip Greek Island cruise, which departed Athens on April 26, has continued as planned.More news: Universal enhances popular Harry Potter vacation package with new perksIn an official statement, the company said: “We are working closely with our trade partners and doing everything possible to minimize disruption. Voyages to Antiquity would like to apologize for the inconvenience these cancellations will cause to our guests. The mechanical issue experienced was unavoidable and unforeseeable.”The company went on to say that following its period in dry dock, Aegean Odyssey will be back in service in time to fulfill the remainder of its scheduled cruise timetable, starting with the Rome-Venice and associated future Grand Voyage itineraries departing Sept. 7, 2019.Voyages to Antiquity is sold in Canada through Exclusive Tours, part of Merit Travel Group. Travelweek Group Wednesday, May 8, 2019 Tags: Aegean Odyssey, Cancellations, Voyages to Antiquity