Gov. Wolf Statement on Commitment to Fair and Equitable Treatment of All Pennsylvanians During COVID-19 Pandemic

first_imgGov. Wolf Statement on Commitment to Fair and Equitable Treatment of All Pennsylvanians During COVID-19 Pandemic March 30, 2020 Press Release,  Public Health Governor Tom Wolf today released a statement on his commitment to ensuring all Pennsylvanians receive fair and equitable access to lifesaving health care during the COVID-19 pandemic. His full statement is here:“Pennsylvania’s standards of care – in times of crisis and not – are based on an ethical allocation framework, meaning care is provided equitably across all populations without regard to patient age, race, gender, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, ethnicity, religion, or socioeconomic status. We follow the provisions set forth in the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act (PHRA) and advise any Pennsylvanian who feels they or a loved one have been discriminated against in any way to contact the PHRC.“I will not tolerate discrimination in allocation of lifesaving resources based on any factor including, but not limited to age, disability and socioeconomic status to Pennsylvanians seeking medical care in our commonwealth. This belief is something I hold and expect at all times, but especially during this public health crisis. William Penn founded our state on tolerance and acceptance and that is a tenet we espouse today and every day. It is especially important in these unprecedented times when we all must work together to support each other.“I am committed to protecting all Pennsylvanians affected by COVID-19, and we will not discriminate in this fight.”Disability rights groups and the Medical Assistance Advisory Committee under the Department of Human Services have advocated for a clear policy prohibiting discrimination in the allocation of resources should the pandemic cause healthcare needs to exceed capacity. Governor Wolf and his administration have committed to establishing policy that strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability or socioeconomic status in this fight against COVID-19.View this information in Spanish here.center_img SHARE Email Facebook Twitterlast_img read more

Franklin County Health Department announces 14th County death from COVID-19

first_imgBrookville, IN— The Franklin County Health Department announces there have now been 242 cases of COVID-19 reported in the county since mid-March. Health officials say that a total of 167 of those cases have recovered from the Coronavirus. However, the Health Department is sad to announce another COVID-19 related death in the county, a male in his 70’s. No other information about this individual will be released due to privacy laws. This brings the total number of COVID-19 related deaths in the county to 14.As of Friday, there were 60 cases are being actively monitored, including 15 that are hospitalized. The total number of COVID-19 related deaths remain at 13.Reminder to all citizens, it is still important to wash your hands frequently, disinfect frequently touched surfaces often, stay home if you are sick, and wear a mask while in public.last_img read more

Henry calls it a day.

first_imgHe says he has the desire to return as a coach one day – but not as a player. Thierry Henry has retired from professional football – and says he wasn’t tempted to end his career with another Arsenal comeback.The 37-year-old French World Cup winner left New York Red Bulls earlier this month.Henry won the Premier League twice and the FA Cup three times with Arsenal – and briefly re-joined on loan in 2012.last_img

9th Memorial Tournament of Mirza Delibašić Starts Tomorrow

first_imgThe 9th international basketball tournament Mirza Delibašić will be played on Friday and Saturday in the Cultural-Sports Center Skenderija in Sarajevo. In addition to the organizers of KK Bosna, teams Cibona, Igokee and Austrian Gmunden will participate.Mirza left a deep mark as an athlete and as an individual in B&H and throughout the world. He gave a lot for B&H and for the world. Before the opening of the tournament, the delegation of participating teams will visit Mirza’s grave to lay flowers and pay tribute to him.(Source: klix.ba)last_img read more

Morris Prince freed of 2016 execution-style killing

first_imgScreams of joy erupted in Justice Navindra Singh’s courtroom on Monday afternoon when Morris Prince was freed of the murder of O’ Riley Small, who was killed execution-style as he was about to open the gate to his Smyth Street, Werk-en-Rust, Georgetown residence on March 16, 2016.The former defendant declined to speak with reporters after being freed as he was in the midst of embraces from emotional relatives. Moments prior, the jury returned with the unanimous not guilty verdict after nearly three hours of deliberations at the High Court. At one point, the court’s marshal ordered silence when some of the relatives screamed out as the verdict was announced by the jury’s forewoman.Prince was represented by Attorney Mark Waldron, who disputed the Prosecution’s evidence which was led in part by ex-Police Corporal Derwayne Eastman, who said he saw Prince crouched over at the crime scene with a reportedly unlicensed firearm. The discharged rank had also told the court that when revisited the scene to see if Prince was still there; he had left. Corporal Eastman had also testified that he along with other ranks later went to the Rio Night Club where Prince was contacted and was later taken into custody.Morris Prince, in the white shirt, embraced his loved ones after being unanimously freed of murderIt was also stated during the trial that a search of Prince’s car unearthed a hoodie with a marijuana leaf – similar to what the dead man’s sister, Charlene Forde, claimed she saw when the gunman fled the scene. During her testimony, Forde stated that she was about to open the door on that fateful night when she heard rapid gunshots only to discover her brother lying in blood. She testified that it was one day before her birthday.Police Inspector Eon Jackson, a ballistics expert, outlined that he examined ten .40 spent shells and two .40 bullets which were handed over to him by Corporal Radcliff. Jackson reasoned that the weapon used was either a .40 pistol or a 10mm pistol.Police Corporal Radcliff had testified earlier in the trial that gunshot residue was found when he tested Prince while he was in custody but the Defence had argued that a Police Station would have been contaminated by such a material.State Counsels Tuanna Hardy, Abigail Gibbs and Teriq Mohammed prosecuted the case.last_img read more