Gov. Wolf Statement on Commitment to Fair and Equitable Treatment of All Pennsylvanians During COVID-19 Pandemic March 30, 2020 Press Release, Public Health Governor Tom Wolf today released a statement on his commitment to ensuring all Pennsylvanians receive fair and equitable access to lifesaving health care during the COVID-19 pandemic. His full statement is here:“Pennsylvania’s standards of care – in times of crisis and not – are based on an ethical allocation framework, meaning care is provided equitably across all populations without regard to patient age, race, gender, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, ethnicity, religion, or socioeconomic status. We follow the provisions set forth in the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act (PHRA) and advise any Pennsylvanian who feels they or a loved one have been discriminated against in any way to contact the PHRC.“I will not tolerate discrimination in allocation of lifesaving resources based on any factor including, but not limited to age, disability and socioeconomic status to Pennsylvanians seeking medical care in our commonwealth. This belief is something I hold and expect at all times, but especially during this public health crisis. William Penn founded our state on tolerance and acceptance and that is a tenet we espouse today and every day. It is especially important in these unprecedented times when we all must work together to support each other.“I am committed to protecting all Pennsylvanians affected by COVID-19, and we will not discriminate in this fight.”Disability rights groups and the Medical Assistance Advisory Committee under the Department of Human Services have advocated for a clear policy prohibiting discrimination in the allocation of resources should the pandemic cause healthcare needs to exceed capacity. Governor Wolf and his administration have committed to establishing policy that strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability or socioeconomic status in this fight against COVID-19.View this information in Spanish here. SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
The amounts involved ranged from a couple of dozen euros to more than €10,000 in a few cases.In 150 cases, however, ABP ceased the wrongful additional payments immediately.The issue was first publicised by Omroep MAX, a Dutch broadcaster aimed at people aged over 50. After Omroep MAX took up the case, ABP admitted that it had been too hasty. Payments would continue until May, it said, and pensioners would be approached by phone about how they wished to resolve the issue.Pieter Omtzigt, MP for the Christian Democrats (CDA), told Omroep MAX he would ask social affairs minister Wouter Koolmees to what extent ABP was entitled to reclaim benefits, and what rights pensioners could derive from the amounts on their pensions statement.Meanwhile, as a consequence of the SVB’s mistake, a further 300 pensioners are to receive additional payments totalling €70,000 from ABP. Dutch civil service scheme ABP has admitted it was too hasty in its efforts to reclaim €3m of overpayments it had wrongfully made to 700 pensioners.The €407bn pension fund said it would keep paying the benefits for a couple of months while it consulted the pensioners involved about arrangements for paying back the money.ABP paid a non-compulsory additional pension to retirees with a younger partner on low income, based on data provided by social security body SVB.However, after the SVB informed ABP at the end of last year that it had issued incorrect data between December 2013 and May 2015, the civil service scheme wrote to the pensioners informing them that they had to return the surplus benefits, while offering repayment arrangements for up to six years.
___For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25___This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com February 21, 2020 Lipscomb looks to extend streak vs N. Fla. Associated Press Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditLipscomb (13-14, 8-6) vs. North Florida (18-11, 11-3)UNF Arena, Jacksonville, Florida; Saturday, 5 p.m. ESTBOTTOM LINE: Lipscomb looks for its sixth straight conference win against North Florida. Lipscomb’s last Atlantic Sun loss came against the Stetson Hatters 55-53 on Feb. 1. North Florida lost 82-77 to Liberty in its most recent game. TALE OF TWO ROSTERS: North Florida has depended on senior leadership while Lipscomb has been fueled heavily by freshmen this year. Seniors Ivan Gandia-Rosa, Garrett Sams, Wajid Aminu and JT Escobar have combined to account for 63 percent of North Florida’s scoring this season and 67 percent of the team’s points over its last five games. On the other hand, freshmen Ahsan Asadullah, Michael Buckland and KJ Johnson have scored 54 percent of the team’s points this year and 73 percent of all Bisons points over their last five.KEY FACILITATOR: Asadullah has made or assisted on 50 percent of all Lipscomb field goals over the last five games. Asadullah has accounted for 48 field goals and 18 assists in those games.SLIPPING AT 75: Lipscomb is 0-8 when it allows at least 75 points and 13-6 when it holds opponents to less than 75.WINNING WHEN: North Florida is a sterling 8-0 when its defense holds opponents to a field goal percentage of 41.8 percent or less. The Ospreys are 10-11 when they let opponents to shoot any better than that.DID YOU KNOW: Lipscomb and North Florida are the class of the Atlantic Sun when it comes to scoring. The Bisons are ranked second in the conference with 70.6 points per game while the Ospreys are first at 77.7 per game.