GARDAÍ have arrested one man and investigations are continuing after a high speed car chase involving police on both sides of the Border.A cross-Border alert between Gardaí and the PSNI was triggered last night when a car failed to stop for police in Derry.The vehicle drove at speed into Donegal and was picked up by Gardaí in St Johnston. The car was found abandoned near Raphoe. A man was later arrested running across nearby fields.The incident is the latest involving cross-Border cooperation between the two forces.We understand this has been stepped up in recent weeks in response to criminal gangs operating in the North and targeting people in Donegal.Last week two men and a women suspected of thefts in Dungloe and Glenties were detained in Derry following a text alert. Gardaí and PSNI officers continue to also meet each other on joint Border checkpoints.Below is a picture of one such meeting last week.MAN ARRESTED AFTER CROSS-BORDER CAR CHASE was last modified: November 11th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:chasecross-BorderGardaPSNI
Irish Water is today meeting with the Letterkenny elected officials and Chamber of Commerce to review traffic management plans in Letterkenny. As roadworks take place on busy routes across the town, the water authority has thanked the people of Letterkenny for their patience during the disruption.The single-lane system on the Pearse Road, works on the N14 four lane and traffic lights at Glencar have all added extra time to motorists’ journeys in recent weeks. And in Milford, works are set to begin with a stop/go system at Bunlin Bridge going towards Cranford from today, 20th May.Irish Water says they are working closely with the Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce in order to mitigate the impacts of traffic management on Pearse Road and the surrounding areas.These projects are essential to reduce sewer flooding in the town and to ensure a more consistent and secure supply of water.The works on Pearse Road will be in place until the end of October but will be completely removed to facilitate the Donegal International Rally. A spokesperson for Irish Water said: “Irish Water is mindful of the disruption that these necessary works are causing for businesses and residents and the utility is thankful for their ongoing cooperation while these vital services are being upgraded.“The works represent a €44 million investment in the Letterkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme and €5.6 million investment in the Letterkenny Sewerage Scheme. This investment will support economic and social development and population growth into the future.”Details of upcoming works for the week ahead:Circular Road:Pipe laying will continue on Circular Road at approximately the Glencar Shopping Centre between 8am and 5.30pm, from Monday 20 May to Friday 24 May 2019.The road will be managed on a single flow, traffic light system at the works area.Advanced warning signs are in place to notify the public of the upcoming works. Pearse Road: Pipe laying works will continue at Pearse Road between 8am and 6.30pm from Monday 20 May to Friday 24 May 2019.The road will be managed on a single flow, one-way system at the works area. Extensive traffic management will be in place on the approaches and in the town area.Advanced warning signs are in place to notify the public of the upcoming works. Letterkenny N56 (Four Lane Road):There will be traffic management during daytime working hours on the N14 four lane. Access to businesses and premises will be maintained. R245 Milford (Bunlin Bridge) going towards CranfordWorks will commence on Monday 20 May 2019.A stop/go traffic management system will be in place between 8am and 9.30am.Featured photo by Brian McDaidTraffic plans for Letterkenny roadworks to be reviewed today was last modified: July 26th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Irish Waterletterkennyroadworks
When the Raiders play their last game at the Oakland Coliseum on Sunday, there will be lots of nostalgia.Decades of winning football, although at times that’s hard to remember. Three Super Bowl victories. The memories of Jim Otto, George Blanda, Gene Upshaw, Fred Biletnikoff, Ray Guy, Art Shell, Daryle Lamonica, Willie Brown and Ken Stabler. For those in the Bay Area who grew up on Raiders football, the team brought memories that have lasted a lifetime.But it’s been like a bad marriage. We …
[Click CC for Subtitles]It’s a small step for geocaching and even a smaller step for geocaches. Field tested and geocacher approved, a new geocache size has entered the adventure of geocaching. Just be sure to pack your magnifying glass, tweezers and a metric ton of patience. The new geocache size is named “T.I.N.Y.” It stands for Teentsy Infinitesimal Nucleic Yocto Geocache. Just how small are they? Take a look at this: . Right here: . Yeah. The T.I.N.Y. geocaches are smaller than that punctuation mark. Or this one: .Interested? Curious? Don’t know what Yocto means? There’s one way to find out. Check out the latest Geocaching Presents video: t.i.n.y. geocaches. Interested in purchasing a 100 count of t.i.n.y. geocaches? They’ve been sold out recently, but for a limited time you might find one in your Shop Geocaching order.Go behind the scenes and watch the Dosenfischer T.I.N.Y. video.Geocaching HQ has a history of releasing blockbusting geocaching ideas on April 1. Check out the Geocaching Workout Video you might need to practice before you search for your first t.i.n.y. geocache. Share with your Friends:More SharePrint RelatedGroundspeak Weekly Newsletter – July 13, 2011July 13, 2011In “Groundspeak’s Weekly Newsletter”Motorcycle Geocaching – Two Wheels, One Mission to ExploreJanuary 31, 2012In “Community””Newbie Geocaching 101” A Geocaching.com Lost & Found VideoDecember 7, 2010In “Lost & Found Stories”
After accusing organising committee (OC) chief Suresh Kalmadi and his aide Lalit Bhanot of creating hindrances in the probe, the investigating agencies now claim that some crucial documents which could throw light on the deals related to Commonwealth Games (CWG) have gone missing.Sources told Headlines Today that the contractual obligations and authorisation files related to the Queen’s Baton Relay are not available. They said that Gen Raj Kadiyan was bypassed on arrangements for the relay.The probe agencies fear that the absent documents could have either been destroyed or hidden.The revelation came during a series of searches carried out by a team of 20-30 sleuths at the OC office and its secretary general Lalit Bhanot’s residence in November. In order to get a grip on the investigation process, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) would approach sports ministry for the removal of Kalmadi and Bhanot.CBI Director A.P. Singh had earlier this month written to Union Cabinet Secretary K.M. Chandrashekar urging the immediate removal of Kalmadi and Bhanot from their posts in the OC.It was earlier reported in September that a crucial file containing information on Mahendroo’s record of service and details of his trips to the UK for the baton relay had gone missing from the OC office.A number of agencies — Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG), Enforcement Directorate (ED) and CBI — are on the look out to nail the perpetrators who indulged in irregularities during the mega sporting event held in October 2010.advertisementThe CBI has so far filed three FIRs in connection with the alleged irregularities in CWG and searched the residences of OC director general V.K. Verma and Bhanot on November 30.While one case is related to a Rs 107-crore deal struck with a Swiss score keeping firm, the agency had registered two other FIRs for the contracting of AM Films for the Baton Relay ceremonies by the OC in London.The CBI had arrested OC’s joint director general T.S. Darbari and deputy director general Sanjay Mohindroo for their alleged complicity in these deals.