Chelsea are ready to pull the plug on Gary Cahill’s proposed move to Stamford Bridge, according to the Daily Mirror.The Blues are said to be running out of patience, having agreed a fee with Bolton for the defender two weeks ago.The Independent suggest Chelsea are likely to complete Cahill’s signing today as wage issues appear to have been resolved.Related story: Chelsea on verge of sealing Cahill deal (10 january)Meanwhile, Chelsea are chasing 17-year-old River Plate winger Lucas Ocampos, according to The Sun.Hughes is chasing major signings.The Mirror say QPR are to sign Alex from Chelsea for £3m, while Fulham are again being linked with Bristol City’s former Harrow Borough winger Albert Adomah.Swansea are also said to be interested in Adomah and his Robins team-mate Nicky Maynard, who has been monitored by Fulham.Metro say new QPR boss Mark Hughes has turned his attention to Alex after having a bid for Blackburn’s Chris Samba rejected – and also wants to sign ex-Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb from Barcelona.The Daily Mail report that Tottenham have made a £7.5m bid for Samba in order to see off competition from QPR for the centre-back’s signature.Samba, meanwhile, has told L’Equipe he wants to leave Blackburn.“Recently, mentally, it was difficult,” he said. “I tried to keep my level of performance, but I feel it is time for me to change. The club does not change at all. I am resigned.“I invested a lot, I always tried to lead by example, but things have not gone as I had said. I hope people understand me.”The Mail also say Fulham are interested in signing Hungary international Szabolcs Huszti on loan from Zenit St Petersburg.And the Daily Express report that Celtic have rekindled their interest in out-of-favour Fulham defender Rafik Halliche.Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
2 December 2009 A global rush for 2010 Fifa World Cup™ tickets is expected on Saturday 5 December, the day after the tournament’s Final Draw, when the third ticketing sales phase kicks off. “It’s traditionally by far the most important sales phase, as the world’s football fans will by then know who will be playing whom in the group matches,” Horst Schmidt, chairman of Fifa’s ticketing sub-committee, said this week. “The good news for all football fans wanting to experience this special event is that about one million tickets for all 64 matches and categories will become available in the third sales phase – including a limited number for the opening match and the final,” Schmidt said.Applications Applications for tickets to Africa’s first World Cup can be made via Fifa.com. South African residents also have the chance to apply for tickets via application forms available at all FNB branches across the country. Fans will have to apply within 49 days (until 22 January) for individual match tickets or team-specific ticket series. If there are over-subscribed matches or categories, or over-subscribed ticket products or categories, there will be an electronic random selection draw on 1 February to identify the successful applicants.Sales so far So far, a total of 674 403 tickets for the World Cup have been sold, corresponding to 90% of the tickets made available to date. Of those tickets, 53.6% (361 582) have been purchased by South African residents. The foreign country that has purchased the most tickets is the United States (84 103 tickets), followed by the UK (48 388), Germany (25 112), Australia (17 876), Canada (11 662), Switzerland (11 045), Japan (10 558) and Brazil (8 006).Types of tickets There are two types of ticket products available: individual match tickets for a specific match, as well as team-specific ticket series (TSTs) to follow the national team of the customer’s choice. Applicants can apply for a maximum of four tickets per match and for up to a maximum of seven matches. The maximum number of TSTs that each applicant can apply for is four. The prices for group matches range from US$20 to $160 (opening match: $70 to $450; final: $150 to $900) or R140 to R1 120 (opening match R490 to R3 150; final: R1 050 to R6 300). Category 4 tickets, the most affordable, have been exclusively set aside for South African residents. All 32 participating member associations will be allocated 12% of all purchasable tickets in the stadiums where their three group games will be played. These tickets will be available through individual websites operated by the 32 participating member associations. Football fans can also purchase authorised travel packages through participating tour operators appointed by Fifa through MATCH Event Services Pty Limited.‘Time to focus on the football’ “We’re confident that our preparations for the tournament are going extremely well,” Organising Committee CEO Danny Jordaan said this week. “Now it’s time to focus on the teams and the stars coming to South Africa 2010, for the global football world to see who their teams will be up against, and for our host cities and residents to gear up to welcome the teams that will be heading their way. “We encourage fans in South Africa and around the world to grab this chance to get tickets for what will be an unforgettable event.” Source: Fifa.com
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Aston Villa boss Smith confident Grealish will find formby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveAston Villa manager Dean Smith has backed Jack Grealish to find some form.The midfielder and Villa captain has struggled to play at his highest level so far this season.”There will be more to come from Jack. He wants to get better. You end up sometimes dragging him off the training ground because he wants to get better. It’s a massive plus in his favour,” he said.”Jack’s a football person. He will train all day and go and find a room somewhere and fall asleep. Then he’ll wake up and go and do a gym session, that’s how he is.”He’s that sort of character – I’m surprised his girlfriend is still with him! He’ll go back home and he’ll be watching football as well. He’s a football nut.”Jack and John McGinn were probably our most influential players last season and to expect them to be as influential in the Premier League is asking a little bit too much straightaway. But they are getting better and better, that’s for sure.”What we want Jack to do is to be running at opposition players and hurting them like he did against Crystal Palace.”
Inter Milan striker Alexis Sanchez cuts ties with Man Utd palsby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveAlexis Sanchez has cut ties with his former Manchester United teammates.Sanchez has had a promising start to life at Inter Milan, where he’s on-loan, scoring twice on Saturday however he was sent off shortly after in their win over Sampdoria. Insiders at Manchester United have revealed Alexis Sanchez’s role in the changing room was rather minimal, and that is reflected with his lack of activity in the WhatsApp group.The source told The Sun: “It’s as if he was never here.”New Roma signing Chris Smalling is however said to be involved in the chat, while he is out on loan in Italy. About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Barca coach Valverde confirms Messi close to full fitnessby Carlos Volcano8 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveBarcelona travel to Eibar with Lionel Messi moving towards full fitness.Barca coach Ernesto Valverde confirmed Messi was close to a return to being 100 per cent after an injury-ravaged start to the campaign.He said, “He is in the process of being 100 percent fit.”The other day he played 90 minutes and scored, that always reassures the strikers,” he told the press.”He has to go slowly to find reach top form. He only has one full game under his belt.”We hope he can give us much more in the coming matches.”
Facebook Twitter In 2017, perhaps more than any other year in recent memory, real-world events lent a poignancy to certain TV shows that would not have been there before. And conversely, television personalities, actors, and creators who typically maintain an air of neutrality used their platforms to discuss real-world issues in strikingly personal ways.So while many of the shows on this list will clean up when it comes to awards season, and deservedly so, in coming up with our picks for the 25 best TV shows of 2017, we at TV Guide considered a number of criteria, including the impact of a show in the current cultural zeitgeist of America. This means that while we were just as obsessed with The Handmaid’s Tale as you were, there are a lot of shows making an appearance which managed the simple feat of making us smile — a often seemingly impossible task during the crush of negative news that was 2017. Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Login/Register With: Advertisement Orphan Black — Orphan Black aired its final season this spring, and what a final season it was. Four years of mystery and intrigue tied together in way that was not only satisfying to fans but also focused on the emotional core of the show rather than the breakneck plot. It’s unlikely that we’ll ever see such an intense performance from a lead actress anytime soon as Tatiana Maslany’s bow: The last half hour of the finale jumped forward in time to an unforgettable coda that showed the seestras living, if not peacefully, at least freely. The bittersweet normalness of a family fractured and found seeped into every delicious moment: Though the war was over, they still had a future to face. The only difference between the pilot and finale? The seestras didn’t have to go it alone.
CARACAS, Venezuela — U.S. tire company Goodyear has announced it will no longer continue production in Venezuela as economic conditions in the South American nation continue to deteriorate.Spokesman Eduardo Arguelles confirmed to The Associated Press Monday that Goodyear-Venezuela has decided to stop producing tires.Arguelles said the company’s goal had been to maintop operations but that “economic conditions and U.S. sanctions have made this impossible.”Goodyear is the latest international corporation to cease operations in Venezuela, which is suffering hyperinflation and an economic contraction worse than the U.S. Great Depression.The Associated Press
ATHENS, Greece — A powerful bomb exploded outside private Greek television station Skai, causing extensive damage but no injuries.Police said the blast occurred at 2:35 a.m. Monday outside the broadcaster’s headquarters in a coastal area near Athens after telephoned warnings prompted authorities to evacuate the building.There was no immediate claim of responsibility.Armed far-left and anarchist organizations have attacked news media outlets in the past.The Associated Press
Williams says he’ll wait to see “physical progress on the ground” before he commits to them.The Federal Court of Appeal last week reversed a cabinet decision to allow Trans Mountain construction to go ahead.A U.S. federal judge earlier ordered the U.S. State Department to conduct a more thorough review of the Keystone XL oil pipeline’s proposed pathway after Nebraska state regulators changed the route.Williams says that as a Canadian he found the delays “troubling” but not relevant to the company in the next three to five years.Suncor is officially opening its Fort Hills oilsands mine on Monday as it works to add 10 percent to its production output this year and again in 2019.It has been ramping up production and beat its guidance by delivering Suncor’s share at 71,000 barrels per day, at lower than forecast cash operating costs. Suncor owns a 43.11 percent interest in the open-pit and shovel mine, Total has 24.58 percent and Teck 21.31 percent. NEW YORK, N.Y. – The head of Suncor Energy Inc. says Canada’s largest oil and gas producer won’t move ahead with additional crude production expansions until there’s physical progress on getting pipelines approved.Chief executive Steve Williams told a Barclays investor conference in New York that recent judicial rulings affecting Keystone XL and Trans Mountain pipeline don’t have any short-term impacts on Suncor’s ability to get its product to market.But he says further production expansions won’t be approved next year and into 2020 until there is more clarity on the fate of pipelines.
Brendan Rodgers has praised Dedryck Boyata for scoring the only goal of the game against Hamilton despite the negative reaction from Celtic fans.Boyata returned to the starting lineup at Parkhead after his controversial decision not to play in Celtic’s Champions League exit against AEK Athens in Greece.Fans were not happy with the player, as they displayed a banner that says ‘Boyata – not fit to wear the jersey’. However, in the 63rd minute, he tapped in from close range to win Celtic the game.“Obviously I would have preferred a different reaction but I am not going to criticise the supporters,” Rodgers told Sky Sports.“I will give credit to Dedryck and how he coped with it and you saw the [positive] reaction from probably three-quarters of the ground.“When you are trying to redeem yourself sometimes it takes a bit of time,” he added.Match Preview: Manchester United vs Leicester City Boro Tanchev – September 13, 2019 Old Trafford is the venue for the Premier League encounter between Manchester United and Leicester City, which kicks off at 16:00 (CET) on Saturday.“Naturally supporters, the real passionate supporters, look for that commitment in the player, it is not always about ability. The reaction of three-quarters of the stadium plus his team-mates, you see we are all together.“It wouldn’t have been easy for him. I think he did all his talking on the pitch. I thought he was top-class, everything he had to do he did it with real quality, and of course he gets the winning goal.”“I am not thinking anything other than Dedryck being here,” said Rodgers.“He cruised the game today because he is a top-class player.