Arsenal suffer Maitland-Niles blow

first_img0Shares0000Arsenal’s England Under-20 World Cup winning midfielder Ainsley Maitland-Niles will be out for up to two months with a fractured left leg © AFP / Ben STANSALLLONDON, United Kingdom, Aug 16 – Arsenal’s highly-regarded midfielder Ainsley Maitland-Niles could be out for as long as two months after suffering a “small fracture” to his left leg, the club said Thursday.The 20-year-old — a member of the England side that won the U20 World Cup last year — suffered the injury in a challenge with Kuyle Walker during Arsenal’s opening Premier League clash against champions Manchester City, a 2-0 defeat last Sunday. It is a blow both to the player and the club as big things had been expected of him at first team level this season in manager Unai Emery’s first campaign in charge.“Ainsley has sustained a small fracture to his left fibula and will be out for six to eight weeks,” Arsenal said on the club’s official website.Better news for Emery if that he could be in a position to consider selecting left-back Nacho Monreal and Danny Welbeck for the daunting trip to London rivals Chelsea on Saturday as both are back in full training.The longer-term injured defensive duo of Bosnian international Sead Kolasinac and club captain French veteran Laurent Koscielny are improving too.The former is likely to return to training from his knee problem in October, while Koscielny is continuing his recovery from Achilles surgery which cost him his place in the World Cup finals squad and ultimately a winners medal.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

People on the Move 121108

first_imgCondé Nast named Julie Raimondi editor in chief of Brides.com. Raimondi also will remain in her role as editor-in-chief of the 16 Brides local mgazines, the publisher said.Robert W. Merry, the former longtime president andeditor-in-chief of Congressional Quarterly, was appointedpublisher of global intelligence publisher STRATFOR, beginning inJanuary. CQ was acquired this summer by the Economist Group, which formed the CQ-Roll Call group.Lebhar-Friedman’s Nation’s Restaurant News announced a number of personnel changes: retail and foodservice groups group publisher Randall Friedman was named publisher, replacing Tom Larranaga; national sales director Chris Keating was promoted to associate publisher; and executive editor Robin Lee Allen and online executive editor Sarah Lockyer were appointed co-leaders of the editorial team, replacing Ellen Koteff.American Express Publishing named Toby McKenna advertising director of digital at TravelandLeisure.com. Also, Amy Koblenzer was named photo director of Travel + Leisure. Koblenzer most recently served as photo editor at Gourmet, a position she held for six years. United Business Media’s Think Services Game Group promoted Simon Carless to global brand director. Carless replaces Think Services executive vice president Kathy Astromoff, who recently took on a broader management role.Rachel Wintner was appointed to the newly-created position of vice president of sales at Glam Media. Previously, Wintner served as associate publisher of Conde Nast’s Style.com. Playboy Enterprises Wednesday named senior vice president of strategic planning and treasurer Robert D. Campbell interim CFO, effective January 1, 2010. Campbell replaces Linda G. Havard, who announced her resignation last month and plans to leave the company by the end of the year. The company said it hired BridgeGate LLC to lead the CFO search and that it will bconsider both internal and external candidates. Hearst Magazines International named Sophia Stewart executive director of digital. Most recently, Stewart served as executive director of mobile at Hearst Magazines Digital Media.George Brooks announced his retirement as executive vice president of Norfolk, Virginia-based magazine publisher Dominion Enterprises and as president of Dominion Market Media. Brooks’ departure will be effective January 22, 2010.As part of a restructuring, Tracey Altman was let go as publisher of Reader’s Digest magazine. Her responsibilities will be taken over by Eva Dillon, president of the Reader’s Digest Community. While Altman told FOLIO: she has since contacted her legal counsel, she called it “standard procedure” and said she is not planning legal action against RDA, as was initially reported.last_img read more

Woman sexually assaulted on train from StokeonTrent to Manchester

first_imgPolice search for missing woman Want to tell us about something going on where you live? Let us know – Tweet us @SOTLive or message us on our Facebook page . And if you have pictures to share, tag us on Instagram at StokeonTrentLive . Punter found hiding in bushes Driver named following fatal collisioncenter_img Dad slams ‘disgusting’ hospital window Get the biggest Daily stories by emailSubscribeSee our privacy noticeThank you for subscribingSee our privacy noticeCould not subscribe, try again laterInvalid EmailPolice have released a photograph of a man they want to speak to after a woman was sexually assaulted on a train. The woman was on a train travelling between Stoke-on-Trent and Manchester Piccadilly railway station when she was approached by a man who sexually assaulted her. British Transport Police have today issued a public appeal for information following the incident, which took place at around 10.40am on Saturday November 10. A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Officers believe the man in CCTV images may have information which could help them investigate. “If you recognise him, or have any information, please contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 302 of 10/11/18. “Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.” Read MoreTop stories on StokeonTrentLivelast_img read more

Passengers will be refunded on 10 cancelled cruises says Voyages to Antiquity

first_img<< Previous PostNext Post >> Passengers will be refunded on 10 cancelled cruises, says Voyages to Antiquity Posted by Share TORONTO — Voyages to Antiquity has announced the cancellation of 10 cruises aboard the Aegean Odyssey this season to make time for repairs to the ship’s starboard engine.All guests affected by these cancellations are being contacted and will be provided with a full refund.Affected cruises are:May 2, 2019 – The Black Sea & Greek IslandsMay 13, 2019 – Classical Greece & Southern ItalyMay 23, 2019 – Renaissance Italy & Historic IslandsJune 4, 2019 – European ConnoisseurJune 18, 2019 – Land of the Midnight SunJuly 3, 2019 – Baltic Capitals & St PetersburgJuly 16, 2019 – The Norwegian FjordsJuly 30, 2019 – Iceland, Faroes & ShetlandsAugust 14, 2019 – The Three RiversAugust 26, 2019 – Mediterranean Odyssey(Grand Voyages containing any segment cruises listed are also affected)The company’s current Athens to Athens roundtrip Greek Island cruise, which departed Athens on April 26, has continued as planned.More news:  Universal enhances popular Harry Potter vacation package with new perksIn an official statement, the company said: “We are working closely with our trade partners and doing everything possible to minimize disruption. Voyages to Antiquity would like to apologize for the inconvenience these cancellations will cause to our guests. The mechanical issue experienced was unavoidable and unforeseeable.”The company went on to say that following its period in dry dock, Aegean Odyssey will be back in service in time to fulfill the remainder of its scheduled cruise timetable, starting with the Rome-Venice and associated future Grand Voyage itineraries departing Sept. 7, 2019.Voyages to Antiquity is sold in Canada through Exclusive Tours, part of Merit Travel Group.center_img Travelweek Group Wednesday, May 8, 2019 Tags: Aegean Odyssey, Cancellations, Voyages to Antiquitylast_img read more