World Cup 2019: Australia get Wade and Marsh as cover for Khawaja and Stoinis

first_img Reuters ManchesterJuly 7, 2019UPDATED: July 7, 2019 17:44 IST Usman Khawaja and Marcus Stoinis have suffered injury blows (AP Photo)Australia have called in wicketkeeper-batsman Matthew Wade and all-rounder Mitchell Marsh as cover for their injured duo of Usman Khawaja and Marcus Stoinis ahead of Thursday’s Cricket World Cup semi-final against hosts England.Number three batsman Khawaja retired with a hamstring injury in Saturday’s defeat to South Africa and though he returned to bat later in the innings, he clearly looked in pain and may miss the rest of the tournament.All-rounder Stoinis has been battling a nagging side strain for a while and was due to have a scan on Sunday to determine the extent of the injury.It doesn’t look ideal for Usman, captain Aaron Finch said after Saturday’s loss.He’ll have a scan tomorrow and if we need a replacementand I think we willbut until you get the definitive scan it’s hard to know.But it’s not looking great for him, in all honesty. He’s done a couple of hamstrings before and he said it feels a bit similar.Both Wade and Marsh were part of the Australia A squad who begin their four-day clash with Sussex in Arundel on Sunday.The duo had left for Birmingham to join the Australia squad, cricket.com.au reported.Also Read | World Cup 2019: Doesn’t get bigger than England vs Australia semi-final, says Aaron FinchAlso See:For sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted bySaurabh Kumar Tags :Follow World Cup 2019Follow Australia cricket teamFollow Aaron FinchFollow Matthew WadeFollow Marcus Stoinis Next World Cup 2019: Australia get Wade and Marsh as cover for Khawaja and StoinisAustralia suffered an injury blow as Usman Khawaja limped from the field with a suspected hamstring injury during their last group match against South Africa.advertisementlast_img read more

Sean Parker Inn wanted to cancel posh wedding unless he agreed to

Sean Parker: Inn wanted to cancel posh wedding unless he agreed to pay violations SAN FRANCISCO – The Big Sur resort where Sean Parker held his posh, Lord of the Rings-inspired wedding threatened to cancel it if he didn’t agree to pay for the unpermitted wedding construction and the inn’s past land use violations, Parker told The Associated Press on Friday.The co-founder of Napster Inc. and former Facebook Inc. president said that after two years of wedding planning, the Ventana Inn & Spa preferred to cancel 20 days before the event rather than work out an agreement with the California Coastal Commission.“As soon as Ventana found out there was an issue they threatened to cancel the wedding unless I entered into a broad indemnification agreement,” Parker said in an email. “We had nowhere to go at that point, no backup plan, and there was no place in the Big Sur area that could accommodate 360 guests.”Multiple calls to Ventana were not returned. A spokeswoman for Oaktree Capital Management, which owns the Ventana, said the firm would not comment.The resort is located within the coastal zone, an area regulated by the commission, an independent state agency that oversees beachside development. Any significant construction within the zone has to be permitted.Parker, 33, who was portrayed by Justin Timberlake in the movie “The Social Network,” married singer-songwriter Alexandra Lenas in a ceremony with gowns and sets made by a designer for the “Lord of the Rings” films.But after a neighbour complained about the construction, a commission investigation found that Parker had been allowed to build fake ruins, a cottage, a large dance floor and other structures near iconic redwoods and a stream with threatened fish, all without the proper permits.Also, the Ventana had allowed Parker to build the wedding site in a campground that had been closed to the public in violation of the inn’s permits, according to the coastal commission’s report.Parker agreed to pay $2.5 million in a settlement with the commission that includes Ventana’s past violations and money future conservation programs overseen by the commission.After agreeing to pay for Ventana’s $1 million fines, negotiations between Parker’s attorney and the commission also led to him contributing $1.5 million for the purchase of public easements and hiking trails in the Big Sur area and as grants for nonprofits doing conservation projects.Parker came up with that amount on a “back of the napkin” estimate of how much it would cost to purchase easements in the Big Sur area.Also, as part of the settlement, Parker offered to produce and distribute a public education video or create a mobile app aimed at helping to identify areas where the public can access the coast.The commission could have shut down the wedding regardless of what Ventana and Parker agreed to, but chose not to.“After inspecting the site, commission staff determined that any potential resource impacts associated with the development had already occurred, and as long as the structures were removed properly and in a timely fashion, those impacts would not be exacerbated by the actual event. So rather than shutting down the wedding, we focused on removal and mitigation,” Sarah Christie, a commission spokeswoman, said in an email.Parker said it was unreasonable for Ventana to assume that he, as the renter of the site, should have known that coastal commission permits were needed for him to stage the event.“Ultimately, the Ventana was unwilling to accept any financial responsibility and preferred to cancel our wedding rather than work things out with the commission,” Parker said. “We had no choice but to step in and pay for all of their violations, both the unpermitted construction and also their past liability related to the campground closure.”The billionaire said he is passionate about the forest, and only agreed to the wedding site after consulting with the Save the Redwoods League.“The idea that I was a menace to the environment, or that I trashed trees is the kind of allegation that frustrates me,” Parker said. “It is really emotionally difficult and frustrates my ability to do conservation work in the future.”___Follow Jason Dearen on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/JHDearen AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email by Jason Dearen, The Associated Press Posted Jun 21, 2013 1:52 pm MDT read more